THE UNIVERSITY HOUSE OF PRAYER AT
THE UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS
The college years (18-25) are crucial years in a young person’s life. Decisions made during this season will affect the rest of their life and future generations. They can launch, they can tank, or they can set off down a path of mediocrity that will plague them for years to come.
The Lord provided two critical elements for a campus ministry: a great house just off campus and Joel Jassu. We met Joel on our first mission to Uganda and he is a lover of the Lord with a heart for prayer and ministry. We brought Joel from Uganda to attend the University of Memphis and he resides in the house.
Establish a presence near campus and pray.
THE STRATEGY IN MOTION
- We moved Joel into the house at 643 Patterson in July 2014.
- We began prayer walking the campus right away, praying for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit and connections to other pray-ers.
- We met other campus ministers and began praying with and for them.
- We have opened the house for student groups to come and pray.
The primary emphasis is prayer …
- for the Spirit of God to be poured out on the University of Memphis
- for students to come to know the love of God and His saving grace through the Lordship of Jesus Christ
You can learn more about UHOP at www.uhopmemphis.com