Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.
– Matthew 28:19-20
We can consider that there are 3 parts of the Great Commission: to Reach people for Jesus Christ, to Raise new believers into followers and learners of Jesus Christ, and to Release disciples to reproduce for Jesus Christ. In many parts of the world, the Commission has been expressed primarily through evangelism, effectively changing the command of the Commission from making disciples to making converts. Yet, Paul in his second letter to his disciple, Timothy, clearly described the process of making disciples:
And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable men who will also be qualified to teach others. – 2 Timothy 2:2
Paul transferred both Truth and Life as he made disciples:
Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well. – 1 Thessalonians 2:8
The Lord has opened wide the door to partner with World Shine Ministries in Uganda. Rev. Dr. Medad Birungi, founder of World Shine, is a gifted evangelist and many come to the Lord through his ministry. His heart cries for support to Raise these new converts into solid reproducers.
The Lord has enabled us to open the University House of Prayer adjacent to the campus of the University of Memphis where we can reach many young adults.
- Find Faithful, Available, and Teachable (FAT) young men who are hungry to grow in Christ and engage in ministry. Then take these young men and disciple them, releasing them to do the same at the appropriate time.
- Train in the Bible and Biblical Discipleship.
- Raise the awareness of Biblical Discipleship by teaching it in churches, at conferences, in groups, during missions, etc.
THE STRATEGY IN MOTION
- Beginning with our first mission trip to Uganda in June 2012 we have partnered with World Shine Ministries and Medad Birungi.
- We continue to identify FAT young men hungry to grow in Christ and engage in ministry. We form them into “brotherhoods” to learn how to care for one another through deep, committed relationships.
- In 2016 we partnered with Downline Ministries to bring their institute to Uganda. Since then, we have graduated many from the 9-month Bible and Disciple Making course.
- In July of 2014 we opened the University House of Prayer, beginning campus prayer walking, campus outreach, connecting with other campus ministers, and hosting monthly worship events.
- In March of 2018 we opened the Bethel Youth Hub in Kampala, Uganda adjoining Makerere University. The motto of this disicpleship house is: Love Lead Disciple.